Thursday, February 15, 2007

Answering Fareed

Greetings!

If all goes well, this blog will be updated each week a few days after I receive and process my Newsweek Magazine. I have been reading and watching Fareed Zakaria since I read his book The Future of Democracy. I think he's brilliant, and he more than anyone has been fueling my ever-growing interest (my friends call it an obsession) with politics around the globe. I will attempt to address ideas/concepts he discusses in his editorials, and I welcome others' comments as well.

And this won't only be about those issues/events.

My fascination with the world political scene started before I found his book. And my interest - though it covers politics and political systems in general - is centered in what we call the Middle East, and in Russia. Therefore most of what is posted here will involve events and situations in those areas, as well as inevitably addressing how the U.S. and its policies are affecting the world.

More of my writings on various subjects can be found here http://tlc-travels.blogspot.com/ (travels through Italy) and here http://tlc-home.blogspot.com/ (mostly holdovers from my travels, thoughts on Globalization and other subjects).

And my business website is http://www.inkwell-inc.biz/ for anyone who'd like to see more of what I do.

Talk to you all in mere days, when I get through this week's Newsweek!

Teresa

PS -- Oh, and about the dance part. I have done Middle Eastern dancing for many years. Give me a drummer and a small space to move, and I'm content. Since my political interest and my dance interest meet in the same place, I will often comment on the dance and music coming out of the Middle East as well.

No comments: